Westview’s Reich to Play Football at SMU; Other Local Athletes Receive College Offers
Taylor Reich became Westview High School’s first Division I college football recruit this week.
Reich – 6’7”, 290 lb. offensive tackle – signed a letter of intent with Southern Methodist University in Dallas on Wednesday at a ceremony at the Hall of Champions in San Diego’s Balboa Park. The Mustangs are coached by June Jones, who previously coached the San Diego Chargers and the University of Hawaii.
Reich also was recruited by Texas-El Paso and Nevada.
Among the other athletes signing to play college sports this week from 92129 included:
Mt. Carmel High School
- Danny Ettelson, University of Denver (boys swimming)
Westview High School
- Monique Portugal, UC San Diego (softball)
- Lindsey Buck, University of Colorado-Colorado Springs (softball)
- Sasha Marguiles, Ball State (softball)
- Linnea Whitney, UC Davis (field hockey)
- Amanda Hardy, Azusa Pacific (girls soccer)
- Shannon Hardy, Azusa Pacific (girls soccer)
- Lauren Koenig, Cal Poly (girls soccer)
- Allison Rohane, University of Arkansas-Little Rock