Laura Reindel’s Feta-Filled Chicken Breast
A resident of the Park Village neighborhood in Rancho Penasquitos, Laura Reindel is a member of the local Ladies Lunch group – which provides members with an opportunity to socialize and bond over a mid-day meal.
“Our members are always willing to try new recipes,” said Reindel. “I made the feta-filled chicken breasts for the group and they all seem to have liked it. I like using fresh tomatoes from my garden and fresh herbs too.”
Reindel, a married mother of two, is a real estate agent at Coldwell Banker in Rancho Bernardo , also belonged to an informal cooking club for about 10 years. When not in the kitchen or working, she enjoys mountain biking, running, skiing, tennis and hiking.
The Ladies Lunch group compiled many of the members’ favorite recipes into a cookbook to help defray medical costs for a member suffering from an illness. Requests for the $10 compilation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (see www.92129Magazine.com and search “cookbook” for more information on the group and the cookbook effort).
[tabs] [tab title=”Ingredients”]
4 chicken breast halves, pre-marinated in lemon-pepper sauce
¼ c feta cheese
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp ginger, minced
4 tsp cumin
2 tsp coriander
½ tsp cayenne pepper
6 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
1. In the side of each chicken breast, make slit. Stuff one quarter of feta cheese into each pocket.
2. In large, non-stick skillet over high heat, warm olive oil.
3. Add chicken; saute on each side until nicely browned and cooked throughout, about 5-8 minutes per side. Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
4. Reduce heat to medium. In the same skillet, add ginger, cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper. Sauté one minute.
5. Stir in tomatoes; cook until they become sauce-like, about 6 minutes.
6. Stir in parsley, mint, sugar and salt.
7. Return chicken to pan; warm in pan for 1 minute.
8. Place chicken breast on serving platter.
9. Top with tomato sauce.[/tab] [/su_tabs] [divider]