New Poway Center Season Set
The Poway Music Fest launches the Poway Center for the Performing Arts 2011-2012 season on Oct. 1 featuring The Max Weinberg Experience.
A bold, swinging seven piece, big band combo that continues the traditions established by Max’s musical heroes from the big band era and beyond – including Frank Sinatra, Count Basie, Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Doc Severinsen, Maynard Ferguson and more – The Max Weinberg Experience is led by Max Weinberg, who has cut a wide swath across the world of popular music.
Not only was he the drummer for Bruce Springsteen’s legendary E Street Band, but he also was band leader for Conan O’Brien’s critically lauded Late Night Band. Now Weinberg has launched an impressive ‘third act’ to his career and brings the experience to Poway.
“You come to see us, you’re going to get the music, the behind-the-scenes insight, and the oral history of the music in one slammin’ evening,” Weinberg said. “In other words – the full Max Weinberg Experience!”
Other shows planned for the new season include:
- Oct. 22: Street Beat, a theatrical drum and dance show.
- Nov. 19: Ricky Nelson Remembered, featuring Matthew and Gunnar Nelson.
- Jan. 21: BeauSoleil avec Michael Doucet, a Grammy Award-winning Cajun band.
- March 5, 10: The Tortoise Versus The Hare, presented by the Missoula Children’s Theatre Project.
- March 23: Orchestra Nova, a fun and fresh approach to classical music.
For ticket information on The Max Weinberg Experience or the other upcoming shows, visit PowayCenter.com.