Rachel’s Pumpkin Soup
- 2 15 ounce cans pumpkin, not pie filling
- 2 Cans chicken broth
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Can chickpeas
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1 Teaspoon chipotle chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté chopped onions in butter for 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a stock pot, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and use an immersion blender to purée all ingredients together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer 20 minutes more and serve.
- Season with additional chili powder if desired.
Name of Chef: Rachel Harrison Brown
Family Members: Hal, Parker, Shannon
Community of Residence: Rancho Peñasquitos
Hobbies/Interests: Volunteering with my church, Mesa Verde Middle School and Girl Scouts
Favorite Local Activity: Hiking in the PQ Preserve
About the Recipe: Making pumpkin soup on Halloween is a tradition in my family. Everyone comes by for some soup before heading out to trick-or-treat. Gratefully adapted from a recipe given to me by a mom in my playgroup.
About the Chef: I have lived in 92129 for seven years and work as a marketing manager in San Diego. I love cats, scrapbooking and cooking.