Lynn’s Veggie Tortilla
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 – 1 cup milk (enough to coat all the ingredients in the bowl)
- Small red onion
- 16 small potatoes (Trader Joe’s brand; cook in microwave as instructed first)
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 fresh red pepper
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup baby tomatoes
- Small broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I use pink Himalayan sea salt; it’s stronger so you don’t need much)
- Pepper, to taste
- Herbs – either basil or oregano (I use Sunny Paris seasoning from Penzey’s spices, which has no sodium)
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Wash all the vegetables.
- Chop the onion and mushrooms.
- Fry onions for 5 minutes; meanwhile whisk eggs, milk, and all other ingredients together (except the beets and carrots).
- Add the onions to the egg mixture. Let stand for a few minutes.
- Add the mixture to a hot frying pan/skillet. If it’s non-stick don’t add oil, and let cook for a 3 minutes on high heat.
- Lower the heat and cover, let cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the middle is firm to the touch/cooked.
- Garnish with basil. Serve with a side of raw, julienned beets and carrots.
Makes: 4 servings as a main course; 6 as an appetizer
Total Time: 45 minutes