Reneé’s Cashew Chicken
- ¾ pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½” cubes
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 green pepper, cut into ½” squares
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½” squares
- 6 ounces canned sliced water chestnuts
- ¼ pound fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 can baby corn
- ½ cup snow peas
- ½ cup sugar snap peas
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup cashews
- 2-3 cups cooked rice
- Salt to taste
- Marinate chicken in mixture of cornstarch, sherry, and soy sauce.
- Put two tablespoons of olive oil in wok over medium heat. Add mushrooms, green and red peppers,
- bean sprouts, water chestnuts, baby corn, snow peas, sugar snap peas, and salt.
- Stir fry two to three minutes. Remove with slotted spoon. Add remaining three tablespoons olive oil and heat over high heat.
- Add chicken and stir fry for two to three minutes, until chicken turns white. Stir in hoisin sauce.
- Return cooked vegetables to wok and stir fry two minutes more.
- Add cashews, stir to heat through for one to two minutes. Serve over rice.
Makes: Six servings
Total Time: 20 to 30 minutes
ABOUT THE CHEF
Chef: Reneé Votel
Family: Husband of 25 years – Jim; Daughters – Sarah (24), Emily (22), Hannah (15)
Community: Rancho Peñasquitos
Interests: Cooking, traveling, volunteering at school
Favorite Local Activity: American Cancer Society Relay for Life
About the Recipe: This recipe is colorful, delicious, easy to make, and my family loves it!
About the Chef: I’m a stay-at-home mom and have been a PQ resident for 23 years. I like to read and want to learn how to sew.
Get Published! Submit a recipe at www.92129magazine.com