Sumana’s Salty Pancake
- 1 cup flour
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 handful cilantro
- ½ teaspoon crushed black paper
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cup milk
- 3 eggs
- Green chili, chopped (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together to make the batter. Set aside for 15 minutes. Make sure the batter is not super thick or too fluid. Add more water or milk as needed.
- In a frying pan, put 1 teaspoon of canola oil over medium heat. Pour ⅓ cup of batter on the oil.
- Spread the batter like a pancake.
- When the bottom is golden brown, flip the pancake. Let it cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Makes: Six to eight pancakes | Cook Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Chef: Sumana Chakraborty
Family: Husband – Purnendu Chakraborty;
Son – Srijan Chakraborty
Community: Rancho Peñasquitos
Hobbies and Interests: Writing, cooking, travelling
Favorite Local Activity: Volunteering at Ronald McDonald Children’s Hospital, social and cultural work with Saikat and GSBA
About the Recipe: This recipe is healthy, colorful, delicious, easy to make, and friends and families alike can enjoy.
About the Recipe: I have been a teacher at La Petite Academy for nine years and have been a PQ resident for eight years. Besides cooking, one of my passions is writing. Many of my writings have been published in India, Los Angeles, and San Diego magazines.
Get Published! Submit a recipe at www.92129magazine.com