The Broken Yolk Cafe’s Golden State Benedict
- 1 toasted English muffin, cut in half
- 2 tomato slices
- 3 Applewood smoked bacon slices
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 poached eggs
- 4 ounces Hollandaise sauce
- Cut and toast one English muffin until surface has a
- While you poach two eggs, slice a fresh tomato, placing one slice on each half of the English muffin.
- Take a piece of your Applewood smoked bacon and cover the tomatoes.
- Next, thinly slice a fresh avocado, adding just enough to get a little bit of everything in each bite.
- Place your poached eggs on top of the avocado.
- Smother Golden State Benedict in Hollandaise sauce with a drizzle of Sriracha on top.
- Lastly, your final task: enjoy!
Makes: Feeds up to 2 people!
Chef: Juan Bueno
Family: Wife – Jennifer; son – Josue
Hobbies & Interests: Going to LA Fitness, captaining a local soccer team, and spending time with family
Favorite Local Spot: Del Mar Race Track
About the Recipe: This dish is a local favorite so we knew we had to spread the word to those yet to try it. We hear only great things from customers and we’d love to hear what you have to say too!
About the Chef: Head Chef Juan Bueno brings more than great food to the table. The mixture of his creativity and genuine passion brings to light his commitment to quality food – breakfast, brunch, and lunch to be specific. Stop by The Broken Yolk Cafe in Del Mar today and witness our appreciation for fresh ingredients.
GET PUBLISHED! SUBMIT A RECIPE AT WWW.92129MAGAZINE.COM