PQ Council Connection
What’s New in PQ?
Welcome to the new year in our beautiful community! It’s never too early to begin saving the date for some of our local events during spring, leading right up to the unofficial start of Summer and the 22nd Annual Fiesta de los Peñasquitos! The RPTC Fiesta Committee is hard at work to bring the best fiesta forward yet, so don’t forget to circle your calendars and we’ll see you at the fun run, parade, and fiesta.
Saturday, May 6
• PQ 5k Fun Run
• Rancho Family YMCA PQ Farmers Market
Sunday, May 7
• 3rd Annual Parade de los Peñasquitos
• 22nd Annual Fiesta de los Peñasquitos
There are many ways you can participate – as a resident, artist or business. Please visit our website for details on:
• Fiesta sponsorship packages
• 4th & 5th Grade Fiesta Theme Art Contest
• Reserving a booth
• School Spirit Booth participation
• Being part of the entertainment
• Parade participation
• Volunteer opportunities
• Business of the Year Award
• Youth Community Service Award
• Volunteer of the Year Award
Also, annual RPTC Board elections happen at the fiesta. Please visit our website to learn how you can represent your neighborhood on the town council. The proceeds from the fiesta are used to fund our community grants, sponsorships, and recognition programs. Be part of the team that decides just how we do this!
The fiesta is our opportunity to showcase what a wonderful community we have in PQ and we know this one will be great!
Find out more about the Town Council:
Meetings: First Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. at the Hotel Karlan
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 720783, San Diego, CA 92172-0783