Nina’s Chocolate Oat Smoothie
- 1½ ripe bananas, frozen
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, level
- 1 tablespoon toasted oats, level
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- Break bananas into one-inch pieces.
- Add all ingredients together in the blender.
- Mix until combined. Stir once with a spoon and enjoy!
Chef: Nina Shantel
Family: Husband Steve and pet cat
Community: Park Village
Hobbies & Interests: Weight training, hiking, cooking
Favorite Local Activity: Hiking in Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve
About the Recipe: I make my own pre-workout smoothies to drink on the way to the gym. I also make them for my husband for breakfast.
About the Chef: I’ve been cooking since I was 13 years old for my family. I published my first book The High-Five Diet in 2016 with over 40 healthy, dairy-free recipes.
GET PUBLISHED! SUBMIT A RECIPE AT WWW.92129MAGAZINE.COM