PQ Council Connection
What’s New in PQ?
As you sit down and enjoy this latest issue of 92129 Magazine, summer is in full swing in Rancho Peñasquitos! People are on the move, enjoying the warm weather and already returning from an early vacation or prepping for a road trip, a visit to a theme park, or perhaps just catching up with friends and family. No matter what your plans are, here are some helpful tips as you leave your house and home behind for one day, one week, or longer:
- Consider hiring a house or pet sitter. Save your pets, water your plants, and keep papers, flyers, and packages from sitting on your driveway or by your front door for extended periods of time.
- Hold your mail for extended stays away from home.
- Let your trusted neighbors know where you will be and ask them to watch the house.
- Make your home looked lived in. Timers for indoor lights and having a friend or neighbor move a car from the garage to the driveway everyday are good deterrents.
This sounds obvious but lock up before you leave, and that includes the second story to your home too.
- Don’t broadcast your impending vacation to social media, save it for when you get home.
Pull the plug on your electronics, it saves money and may save more in the event of an unforeseen incident.
- Turn off the water to your house if possible at the front of the home.
- Turn down your wall thermostat and your water heater.
- Install and activate a home security system. If you already have one, alert your monitoring company of your departure and arrival dates.
For those who are opting for the ever-popular “staycation,” here are some fun ideas to maximize your time in America’s Finest City:
- Try geocaching. Visit www.geocaching.com/guide for more info.
- Take a virtual museum tour. Here is an example for the Louvre in Paris: www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
- Try paint balling or laser tag.
- Visit a National Park. See www.nps.gov/state/ca for more info.
- Host a family board game tournament.
- Go bowling.
For even more ideas, check out www.livingwellspendingless.com.
Find out more about the Town Council:
Meetings: First Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. at the Hotel Karlan
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 720783, San Diego, CA 92172-0783