Koi Zen Cellar’s Merlot Marinade
- 1 cup Koi Zen Cellars 2015 Dry Creek Merlot wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a bowl and
- Slowly add olive oil while whisking all ingredients to emulsify so marinade is thickened.
- Use as a marinade for red meats such as steak, beef tenderloin, or beef ribs.
Makes: 2 cups of marinade • Total Time: 10 minutes
About the Chef
Name of Chef: Lisa K Miller
Family Members: Husband Darius, daughters Kiersten and Miranda, and Saddie the dog
Community of Residence: Rancho Peñasquitos for the past 20 years
Hobbies & Interests: Wine, photography, cooking, connecting businesses together
Favorite Local Activity: Relaxing at beach sunsets
About the Recipe: I love to drink a glass of red wine when I’m cooking. I loved the flavor of Koi Zen Cellars’ Merlot, so using it as a marinade was a natural thing to do.
About the Chef: Lisa and her husband Darius own Koi Zen Cellars Craft Winery in Carmel Mountain Ranch. Lisa’s background in recipe development and photography adds another level to the winery. She finds her balance creating recipes that highlight the wine, photographing them, and sharing them with friends and family.
GET PUBLISHED! SUBMIT A RECIPE AT WWW.92129MAGAZINE.COM