PQ Council Connection
What’s New in PQ?
Winter on the Rancho brings thoughts of celebrations with friends and loved ones. Winter is also a time where we recognize our blessings and make an extra effort to help those less fortunate. It is with these thoughts that the Rancho Peñasquitos Town Council presents its 4th Annual Cookies and Cocoa with Santa event. This festive event is also a gift drive to support foster kids with Voices for Children – we hope you can donate a new item from the special list on the event page, such as a soft toy, book, or gift card for Santa to deliver to deserving children. Here are some details:
Date & Time: Dec. 3, 2017 from 1 to 5 p.m.
Location: Hotel Karlan
Special Guests: Voices For Children – CASA and child representatives
Refreshments: Cookies, cocoa, and treats
Entertainment: Local schools will bring their musical talents with choir and orchestras playing holiday tunes
As you can see, it will be a wonderful family event. Please be sure to check out our Facebook and website for more details.
That’s not all that’s going on in PQ this winter! Check out these local community events:
- Our Quarterly Grants and Sponsorship applications are being accepted the for the 4th Quarter. Please see our website and use the application form to submit your request: www.rpcouncil.com/rptc-grant-application. The deadline is Dec. 6, 2017.
- PQ Recreation Council will bring a Winter Wonderland to Hilltop Park on Dec. 2.
- PQ Certified Farmers Market every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Fairgrove and Salmon River.
- Christmas Card Lane (off Oviedo St.) will have its amazing holiday lights nightly Dec. 1 through Dec. 30 on display.
- WVHS and MCHS have winter theater performances.
- Rancho Peñasquitos Public Library is hosting its Holiday Open House on Dec. 9 at 11 a.m.
Stay tuned for details on our 23rd Fiesta de los Peñasquitos weekend: 5K Fun Run on May 5 and Parade/Fiesta on May 6.
Find out more about the Town Council:
Meetings: First Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. at the Hotel Karlan
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 720783, San Diego, CA 92172-0783