Dennis’ Grilled Pesto Salmon
- 1 2-pound salmon fillet, skin on
- 1 bunch basil
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the pesto, toast pine nuts in a sauté pan over medium heat and cook until golden brown. They cook fast so be careful! In a food processor, combine basil, grated Parmesan cheese, and toasted pine nuts. Turn on the processor and pour in the oil until well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove any rib bones from the salmon fillet and spread pesto over the salmon, about 3 tablespoons. Oil a charcoal grill and cook the salmon, skin-side down, over high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and finish the flesh side about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grilled salmon is best served with garlic mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables.
About the Chef
Name of Chef: Dennis Fraher
Community of Residence: Rancho Peñasquitos
About the Recipe: I have made this recipe for years. It’s great served with a Sauvignon Blanc.