PQ Council Connection
What’s New in PQ?
Happy New Year, PQ! After all the winter festivities, we are heading into 2018 with a full head of steam preparing for the 24th Fiesta de los Peñasquitos on May 6. Our Grants and Sponsorship Committee will be accepting community applications through Feb. 28.
Traditionally, the first weekend in May is our time to celebrate our thriving community. The entire weekend will have events for the whole family.
Saturday, May 5
• PQ 5K Fun Run
• Rancho Family YMCA PQ Farmers Market
Sunday, May 6
• 4th Annual Parade de los Peñasquitos
• 23rd Annual Fiesta de los Peñasquitos
There are many ways you can participate – as a resident, artist, or business. Please visit our website for details on:
• Fiesta sponsorship packages
• 4th & 5th Grade Fiesta Theme Art Contest
• Reserving a booth
• School Spirit Booth participation
• Being part of the entertainment
• Parade participation
• Volunteer opportunities
• Business of the Year Award
• Youth Community Service Award
• Volunteer of the Year Award
Also, annual RPTC Board elections happen at the Fiesta. Please visit our website to learn how you can represent your neighborhood on the town council. The proceeds from the Fiesta are used to fund our community grants, sponsorships, and recognition programs. Be part of the team that decides just how we do this!
The Fiesta is our opportunity to showcase what a wonderful community we have in PQ and we know this one will be great!
Find out more about the Town Council:
Meetings: First Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. at the Hotel Karlan
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 720783, San Diego, CA 92172-0783